2006-09-29

Magores has pictures

I hope you like pictures, because I have a boatload for you today...

If things work the way they are supposed to, you should be able to open the pictures in a new window to see the big versions. Much better bigger.



There is something mildy surreal about seeing a horse drawn cart in the middle of a huge city with 13 million people.



A view looking down (up?) the moat/river surrounding the Forbidden Palace.















A traffic accident. I'm VERY surprised they don't happen far more often. They "almost" came to blows.
















No idea what this is. But it's kinda cool looking.
















Semi-close-up of some building on the other side of the moat.















Not a close up of that same building.


Gotta love phone booths.




























Dude! Watch out!!! That dinosaur is gonna eat you!


Random cool architecture.




























Gate outside the National Historical Library or something like that. I've actually been inside before. Kinda cool. Very quiet.
















I got yelled at by a soldier for taking this picture. No idea why. I was on my bike, saw something that I thought would make a good picture, so I pulled out the camera, and snapped the shot.

Next thing I know, some soldier is running at me and shouting "Bie! Bie!" Starts telling me, in Chinese, that I'm not allowed to take pictures of this.

I freaked a little. Told him, "Dui bu qi! Wo bu zhi dao le! Kan! Kan!" I showed him the picture, and he seemed satisfied. Let me ride away.


Like the pictures? Want to see more?

No comments: