2007-07-07

And now for something completely different...

So... After 2 weeks or so, I finally got my internet back.

I was feeling a little homesick for "Western culture", so I did a search for 'internet tv'. The goal was to find SOMETHING in English.

Of course, I can watch AN English TV station here (AN, as in 1). And, of course, I can watch plenty of movies. But, frankly the TV is boring, and I've watched so many movies I'm sick of them. And the selection of English music in Beijing is horrible.

One thing led to another, and I ended up on a Dutch (Norwegian, Swiss, Finnish, whatever) website. They were playing videos of music I've never heard before, so I let that play in the background while I read a book.

All of the sudden, music came out of my computer that made me sit up and say... "Oh my f-ing God! This stuff ROCKS!"

And, I do mean ROCKS!

As in, kick you in the head, burst your eardrums, shatter your teeth, give you a kidney punch, and then stomp on your brain type of kick ass.

-----

This link is to the same video I saw on the Euro-website, but this is the youtube version. BUT WAIT! Don't watch it yet.

Watch this one first. Most of you will probably like this one more than the first one... That is, if you like it at all.

If you like the 2nd one, then check out the first one. Keep in mind, that they are different types of songs/videos. So you might like one, but not the other. Or, maybe you won't like either. Or, you will like both. Who knows?

---
Very "heavy" stuff.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are right, the second one is the best. Has an old rock sound to it.

Charles said...

You may have already seen this site, but here ya go: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

Magores said...

Barb... I thought you and PopGores might like that one.

Charles... Actually, believe it or not, that is the site that started me thinking about the whole TV on internet thing to begin with.