2007-12-18

New Digs

As some of you know, I recently moved.

I promised pictures. So, here you go...



This first picture is the view outside the 3"H x 4"W window of my old apartment.



This is the view outside the floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall window of my new place.

See the building in the center of the picture? See the top floor? That's where I live.


This was my old living room. It was bigger than the picture makes it seem, but this was the best picture I could get due to angles, etc. This view is from standing at the front door. I actually had it arranged differently, but I put it all back they way it was when I moved in.


This is my new living room. I had the chairs set like that because 10 people were coming over for food. Normally, they are around the dining room table. In this position, I have my back against the "sun room" that has the window which looks at the place in picture number 2.


So anyway.... There are a couple pictures of the new digs. Costs a lot more, and not everything is perfect, but it's worth it to me.

What's not perfect? Well...
-The water is TOO hot. Scalding hot at halfway.
-Paying my bills is more of a pain. I had to open an account at a different bank just to buy electricity.
-Running out for a soda, or ice cream, or a potato is much more involved. I can't just walk across the street anymore.
-The old place was 2 bedroom. Which meant I had one room just to store junk. Now, I don't have as much junk storage as I used to.

Still, overall, a major upgrade in my life. And, I'm very pleased.

Feel free to visit any time.

----------------------------------

This picture is completely unrelated to my apartment.

A while back, we took the kids and their parents on a field trip to an apple orchard. It was one of those Pick-Your-Own places. Everyone seemed to have a really good time. Even me.

Here is a picture of the sign outside the place.

It says "Ping Guo Yuan", which translates to "Apple Garden".




So there we go... My old place, my new place, and a Chinese lesson all in one post.

No comments: