2007-10-20

Been back for a week, here's what's happened so far

So... I've been back in China for a little over a week. A lot has happened...

I got in late on Thursday. Had one beer and slept.

Friday...
-I looked for a place to live
-Met a girl from Israel
-Found a great place to live, that I can't live at
-Saw about 8 other places that I wouldn't want to live at

Monday...
-Looked at some other places to live

Tuesday...
-Looked at some other places
-Had a double date. Lynn, her boyfriend, Della, and Me. I took them for Indian food.

Thursday...
-Found a really nice place to live, that I CAN live at

Friday...
-Signed the lease

Today...
-Asked Della if she wants to try German food next week. She said yes.
-Will contact Guo Yang and/or Rain later tonight to see about dinner next week

Tomorrow...
-Going out for a beer with a fellow ex-pat from the Bay Area

Busy me.

--------------

The place I can't live at.

Long story, but to make it really short:
-Illegal apartment. (Kinda like the Mother-in-law apartments people build in SF.)
-Can't get Residence Permit, since its 1) Illegal Place, 2) No landlord to sign the paperwork
-Was/Am kinda bummed. Its a great place. Huge deck with a view of the Main Olympic Stadium (Bird's Nest) and the Swimming Place (The Bubble) Would have been a great place to live, have parties, watch the Opening Ceremonies fireworks, etc

--------------

The place I will move to.

Really nice home.

I'm very pleased that I found it.
-Newly painted, clean, no exposed pipes, an actual shower
-Close to work.
-Close to the foreigner supermarket
-Nice view of city lights
-Sort of expensive, but cheaper and better than some of the other places I saw. It's a steal actually.
-The building across the street, which I have a view of, is a surreal, gothic-like castle. It's a mix of hotel, very expensive apartments, and retail.

I'll take pictures of the current place, and the new place, so you can all see how much of an upgrade it actually is.

------------

The double date...

We went for Indian food. First time any of them had ever had.

Was a good time.

------------

The Israeli girl...

Long story but basically... She's hot. Just sent her a text message about 2 seconds ago. We'll see how it goes.


--------------------------

So, that's a brief summary of my first week back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to read this! Congratulations on your new home and congrats on your new woman in your life! Mazal Tov! ;) Keep us posted.

Sorry Adam and I didn't see you in your last visit. thank you so much for all the cool gifts for Adam and us!

Rona