2006-04-08

Magores Has Pictures

First, let me say thank you for bearing with me.

Hopefully, this post will make it worthwhile.

I have pictures to share....

First picture...
This is just a random Beijing street scene. I Don't remember exactly when or where this is from, but it's pretty much typical of any random road.



This was actually one oe f the first pictures I took. It's from the Panjiayuan Antique Market. Very cool thing to do. If anyone ever comes to visit, this is a place that you will want me to show you. Bonus... I live very close to here.





This is.... Um.... Me. Few months ago.


This is an example of plumbing in Beijing. Hot water heater the size of a backpack, exposed pipes. Classic. This is actually a picture of one side of my kitchen. The white thing towards the bottom of the picture is the kitchen sink. Just to the right of the picture (and out of view) is the window. I'll post more examples of Rube Goldberg plumbing in the future. For now, just remember.... I live in a decent area.


This is a view from my bedroom window. I live on the 15th floor of a 23 story aparetment builing. My window faces south.

One thing that is very hard to describe is how HUGE Beijing is.

See the 25 story buildings? My apartment complex ("xi li") has at least 215 buildings that size. Those 215 buildings are all in one "block". The place where I work is one "block" away. It has MORE buildings. (It is the largest "xi li" in Panjiyuan.) Keep in mind that Panjiayuan has 50 or 60 "xi li". Beijing has more xi li than I can count. Beijing is friggin huge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool Pics. don't know that I'd be okay with living that high up. You looked healthy...at least your hand did anyway. :-)