2007-05-29

Beijing Aquarium

I went to the Beijing Aquarium today.

It was a school field trip, I was told that I just had to go - not work. Of course, we know how that worked out.

--

The link for this post goes to the Frommers travel guide review of the aquarium. I linked to it, not because of its review of the aquarium, but because of its brief mention of the nearby zoo.

What Frommers says about the zoo is true.

--

So, you ask... How was it?

Not bad actually.

Riding herd over 24 kids aged 3.5 to 6 isn't easy, but I've done the field trip thing before, so I know what to expect as far as that is concerned.

There were some cool looking fish, and some nice displays.

We went through the place fairly quick, so I didn't have time to actually look at the fish AND the descriptions. Of course, the descriptions were in Chinese, so that didn't really matter.

The seal and dolphin show was okay. Of course, I'm spoiled. Having lived in San Diego, I've done the Sea World thing a number of times.

My review: If Sea World is a 9, and the actual ocean/lakes/rivers are an 11, then the Beijing Aquarium would be a 5. Review might have been a little lower, but there were no crowds. When you spend time in Beijing, you really come to appreciate the time without people.

But... the Zoo. Avoid at all costs. I mentioned this a year ago when I went there. It's depressing. Do NOT visit the Beijing Zoo. Aquarium is okay though.


---

Here are some pictures of the Beijing Aquarium. Taken today. Hot off the press, so to speak...





No comments: