2005-11-05

The Countdown has Begun - Here's a little Chinese lesson before I go.

11 days to go.

Still have a lot to do before I leave

I won't have much internet access between now, and when I leave so I thought I should put something up here while I have the chance.

First... Here's a little Chinese lesson for you:



I posted that as an image, since I'm going to assume that most people reading this don't have chinese fonts installed on their computers.

If this looks the same as the picture above, then you do have the fonts installed: 我去中国

Anyway, what it says is: "I'm going to China." Or, more literally it says "I go center country." (Center + Country = China)

There is an official system for transcribing the Chinese pronunciation into English sounds, but I'm going to ignore that for your benefit.

In my own special, very un-official, and completely inaccurate system the way to say "I'm going to China" in Mandarin Chinese is "Woah choo Jong Gwoah".

So there you go.... A little Mandarin Chinese lesson for you.

2 comments:

Magores said...

Brian,

Thanks for the tips.

Bargaining - I live in San Francisco (for 4 more days). Trust me... I know about the little old Chinese Ladies.

Buses - I assume its the same in China as it is in SF... The little old ladies will knock you out of the way so they can be first.

Street Food - If I can handle the Bacon Dogs on the streets of Tijuana, I think I can handle whatever China has for me.

Seeing the county - Once I get situated, I want to see as much as possible. In fact, I have already been invited to go to Base Camp on Mt Everest in March.

Only 4 days to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Mt Everest!!! Now that's an adventure. Hey cuz....so excited for you. And can't wait to see the arrive (and deportation) photos.

Be safe, be adventerous! And remember no one knows you there so you can be anything you want. Leave the worst of the past behind you and keep the best close to your heart.

I LOVE YOU!
MotherNature aka Elaine