2005-11-29

My Roommates

I have been asked a couple times to mention my roommates, so here we go...

Cissy and DouDou are two 19 year old Chinese girls. THey are teachers at the same school as me. They work with the 2 and 3 year olds for the most part.

No. I will not post pictures of them on the internet. Basically, I don't think its right to post people's pictures without their permission. And, I don't know how to ask for that permission. So, there it is. I could probably figure out how to ask, but I figure that is a minor detail in the grand scheme of things, so I'm not going to worry about it right now.

As far as their English... Let's just say that it is slightly better than my Chinese. THey have the same problems with English sentences that I have with Chinese ones. They do seem to know more English words for "objects" ("ball", "book", etc.) than I do in Chinese.

We have a system worked out. Every day I teach them 3 new things. So far, we have focused on school-related sentences like, "Say after me", "Open your books", and other things like that.

In general... It's been a long time since I've dealt with 19 year old girls, so all I can say is that they seem just like any 19 year old girls anywhere. They talk to each other about boys, music, movie stars, etc. (I do understand some words here and there.) Of course, even if they were speaking in English, these are conversations that would go pretty much past me. After all, I am twice their age and a guy.

So, all in all, they seem like any girls you would find anywhere... They like soap operas, pop music on the TV, and they giggle a lot.

And that is a little something about my roommates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL you living with 2 19 year old girls. Mr. Bachelor sans cat. I have the hardest time picturing the man who has lived alone and lives for his privacy, living with two post-teenie boppers. REALITY WHAT A CONCEPT! Are you feeling old yet Mag? I know i am.