2005-12-31

Happy New Year! ... More details as they become available.

It's December 31 in China right now. And, only about 45 minutes until the year changes, so here's a quick Happy New Year! for everyone.

It's obvious from the fact that I am posting this at 11:15 pm on the 31st, that I am not out getting drunk at a bar or a party right now.

I haven't actually done that in years. But, this year I have a pretty good excuse for not being out and about at midnight.

I've been invited to a wedding tomorrow. A driver will be picking me up at around 8:30am.

I actually got the invite on Xmas Day, but I didn't mention it because I wanted to have something to write about ;)

From what I understand, it will be a "traditional" Chinese wedding. Not sure what that means yet. More details as they become available. I suspect I may be expected to actually say something at this shindig. More details as they become available.

--

On a different, but vaguely related note...

I'm invited to this wedding because the happy couple is the best friends of one of my bosses. Today, we (my boss and I) were talking about what time I had to be ready, suit and tie, and all those details. At one point, I flippantly said, "Cool. It's a date."

Ummm.. Potential trouble. This reacted to WAY more seriously than I meant it. Of course, my boss is hot and single, and reasonably close to my age, so it might have been a subconscious thing on my part. (Two other bosses... One married, and hot. Other lives with boyfriend, and hot.)

I honestly was not trying to make a move at that moment. But she reacted like she accepted it as one. She made a comment that because it is New Years Eve, she has to take what I said seriously. Ummmm.... This could be really bad. Or good. Or it could mean nothing.

More details as they become available.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what I say....GO FOR IT!

Can't win if you don't play...ooops that' the California Lottery but I think its still appropriate. While you are in risk taking mode - DARE TO BE GREAT!

Love you Mag! Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Never mess with someone at work. What happens if the relationship goes bad. Just think of the job reviews.

Now dating a friend of a co-worker could be good