2006-05-30

Magores the Happy Homemaker

It's been almost two weeks since I've had the place to my own.

So what have I done with that time?

-Parties? Orgies? Nope. Nothing of the sort unfortunately.

I've been cleaning, fixing, and moving.

-Rearranged the living room a little
--This required that I fix the extension cord that is behind the couch.

-Moved most of my stuff into bigger bedroom.
--Of course, I had to clean out a bunch of crap that was left behind by the girls.
--And, I had to fix the wardrobe, and the bureau. Whoever put the stuff together orginally did a very bad job.
--Sweep and mop the new room, of course.

-Clean the old room.
--Gotta clean it. Its the rules. Move in, its clean. Move out, you clean it. Of course, China doesn't seem to know these rules.

-Bathroom
--I have spent the last week on my hands and knees with a copper-bristle brush scrubbing the bathroom. Still not satisfied.

-Kitchen
--Started this yesterday.
--Hands and knees scrubbing the corners where mops don't reach.
--Today, I was scrubbing underneath the stove (fancy hot-plate), when I finally said screw it, and took out the putty knife. You don't want to know how many inches of "gunk" I've scraped away. It's friggin gross. I have tons more work to do in there. But, I needed a rest. That's why I'm typing this now.

-In general
--I've thrown away a bunch of crap.
--The girls were in this place a day or two before I was. So, I was never exactly sure what was theirs, and what was crap. Now I know.
--So, now, the crap is gone.


---

Business Proposal...

If anyone that works for the makers of "Comet" scrubbing powder, or "Clorox" bleach, happens to read this, please contact me.

China doesn't have Comet or bleach, and China desparately needs these products.

I'm serious. I cannot find bleach or Comet in Beijing.

And, these aren't exactly the kinds of things you can ship to the PRC, or bring back on an airplane.

When I return to the US in November, there are a few things I intend to bring back with me when I return to Chia.
--Comet (or the generic version of)
--Paperback books (English language, of course)
--Deoderant/Anti-perspirant (They don't have it here. Luckily I knew this in advance, so I brought a year supply with me.)
--New underwear. Of course, they have underwear here, but... It's just not quite right.
--50 T-Shirts from the tourist traps of "wherever". The 5 for $10 kind. I think the kids / teachers will get a kick out of Alcatraz/ChinaTown/Etc t-shirts.

-------

Anyway... That is how I have spent the last two weeks. (And the last 3 days has been with a cold on top of everything.)

-------

So... There we go.... Magores, the (achoo) Happy (achoo) Homemaker (sniffle).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got any pics of this? lmao. Boy I'd love to see one of you on your hands n knees with a scrub brush eheheh.

Anonymous said...

Is this the same person whose bedroom was so bad I had to close the door and not open it till he left for college?