2006-10-25

Magores is blocked again

I've mentioned once or twice that the blogspot.com domain was blocked in China. This means that, for the majority of the last year, I have been unable to (officially) see my own blog.

A couple weeks ago, someone made the decision to allow this country to see blogs posted here. Yay!

But, today, I can't see the blog again/anymore. Hopefully, a temporary glitch.

I have new stuff to share....
--I'm returning to the US for a couple weeks (Got floor space in SF for a world traveler for a day or two?)
--I'll be moving from one place to another (within Beijing) soon. Probably within same general area.
--Got my absentee ballot for the SF/CA elections. Showed the material to my co-workers. First comment by them... "Why is there Chinese on here?" Me: "Because SF is over 33% Chinese."

--Offical ballot question: "Should it be City policy to seek the impeachment of President Bush and Vice-President Cheney?" I won't tell you how I voted on that one. But, I think that everyone should understand that it doesn't matter what "The City" thinks/says. If you want it, say so... Loudly. If you don't, say so... Loudly. For better or worse, the current Administration of the US has helped to make the US a very polarized society. If you want something (or don't want something), make sure that "the powers that be" know what you prefer.

(How's that for walking the tightrope on what I say on here?)

Point is.... Let the politicians (aka, Your Employees) know what you want. And, hold them accountable.

----

Oh yeah... More pictures coming soon. Forbidden City or Great Wall? You decide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Did you work for Sunbelt Pub in San Diego a while back?

My name is Dave Wendt. The car calendar guy.

Love to talk with you sometime.

dwendt@cinci.rr.com
www.wendtworldwide.com